1. General Manager: He has the commercial accountability for budgeting andfinancial management. While taking a strategic overview with the rest of theowners and planning ahead to maximise profits. The general manager is also incharge of: supervising maintenance (water collection & treatment, generator, solarpanels), supplies, renovations and furnishings; dealing with contractors and suppliers; ensuring security is effective; carrying out inspections of property and services; ensuring compliance with licensing laws, health and safety and other statutory regulations.
2. Staff & Operation Manager: I in charge of the Staff and the planning, organizingand directing all hotel services, including front-of-house (reservation information,concierge), food and beverage operations and housekeeping. The Operationmanager must also pay attention to the details, setting the example for staff todeliver a standard of service and presentation that meets guests’ needs andexpectations. The Operation Manager is also in charge of: meeting and greeting customers; dealing with customer complaints and comments; addressing problems and troubleshooting;
3. The Captains: They are in charge of the boats. They have an excellent boathandling and navigational skills. They are in charge of the maintenance, engineerand technical part of the boat. They also need to maintain the boats clean andready for the tours including the save jackets.
4. The Chefs: Direct the preparation, seasoning, and cooking of salads, soups, fish,meats, vegetables, desserts, or other foods taking care of the guests restrictionsand allergies. Plan menu items, orders supplies, and keep records. Cook and bakefoods for the personnel and the guests.They check all purchased supplies for quality and account for each delivered item.They are in charge of requisition stock, materials, supplies or equipment.
5. The Bartender: Mixes and serves alcoholic and nonalcoholic drinks to guests,following some standard recipes: Mixes ingredients, such as liquor, soda, water, sugar, and bitters, to prepare cocktails and other drinks. Innovate with newcocktails. Serves wine or beer. In charge of orders and requisitions liquors andsupplies. Arranges bottles and glasses to make attractive display. He has to sliceand pit fruits for garnishing drinks. Make an inventory of the daily consumption. They are in charge of the proper set of the tables. Check the guests restrictions in order to avoid complaints. Check with customers to ensure that they are enjoying their meals and takeaction to correct any problems. Escort customers to their tables. Explain how menu is prepared, describing ingredients and cooking methods. â€¢ Remove dishes and glasses from tables, and take them to kitchen forcleaning.Serve food and/or beverages to guests as required. Stock service areas with supplies such as coffee, food, tableware, and linens.
6. The Housekeepers: Some of them key tasks include making guests’ beds,changing the linens, clean curtains or drapes and furniture. In addition to cleaningbathrooms, windows, ceilings, floors and walls, they also empty wastebaskets. Hotel housekeepers replenish all items within the rooms, including soaps,shampoos, toilet paper, towels, and blankets. Our housekeepers have also aspecial decoration with towels on every single bed in order to make your stay ascomfortable and pleasant as possible.
7. The Maintenance crew: They are in charge of the functioning of the watertreatment system, the generator, the bumps, gas and fuel dispenses at all times.They also clean all the backyard social area like the gym and the solariumincluding the cleaning of the canoes and the snorkeling equipment.